(this post was 1st published on the Rural Presence Blog)
In November last year Hereford Diocese made available online their newly revised and expanded Crossing the Threshold toolkit.
It’s packed with 268 pages of advice, hints and tips for any group taking a community development approach towards adapting a church building for wider community use, while balancing the needs of existing worshippers.
This practical document draws upon input and expertise from a range of national church organisations as well as lessons learned from recent projects. It includes case studies, top tips and end-of-chapter checklists.
You can download the whole toolkit here: Whole Toolkit Link
- Chapter 1 – Developing Your Vision
- Chapter 2 – Undertaking a Community Audit and Consulting with the Community
- Chapter 3 – Developing a Team and Assessing Your Skills and Abilities
- Chapter 4 – Governance – Choosing the Right Organisational Structure
- Chapter 5 – Developing Your Ideas – Options Appraisals, Feasibility Study, Architect’s Brief and the Design Stages
- Chapter 6 – Balancing the Need for Change with heritage and Liturgical Considerations – Legalities and the Church Planning Process
- Chapter 7 – Planning Your Project
- Chapter 8 – Writing a Business Plan
- Chapter 9 – Ensuring Your Project is Sustainable
- Chapter 10 – Raising the Funds
- Chapter 11 – Identifying the Right External Funders
- Chapter 12 – Completing Applications – Selling Your Project to Funders
- Chapter 13 – Managing Project Cash Flow
- Chapter 14 – Managing the Building Works on Site
- Chapter 15 – The Final Stages – Claiming Money, Celebrating, Impact and Evaluation
- Chapter 16 – Further Information
via Blogger http://bit.ly/2Em2otn